Friday, May 15, 2009

Highland Games




My family is Scottish. My great-grandmother was a Kincaid. I can tell you, we certainly have the Scottish temperament! Hubby also has some Scottish in his family from his mother's side, but "Knorr" is Norwegian. We love getting up to the Highland Games in Bridgeport, WV every year. I love the sheep ;) Hubby loves the sheep dogs. Next year we will be going as representatives of Clan Kincaid. I have a cross stitch crest and a cross stitch clan badge I want to do and frame to help decorate our tent. Mom is working on banners and table cloths. Hubby will have to come up with flag poles. I'm very excited about it. I will have to get a sash so my brother and I can march in the parade with our banner.
We got to see sheep herding dog demonstrations, a border collie agility expo, shetland sheep and a heilan coo (Highland Cow). I bought some roving off the lady with the sheep and hope to get some spinning done.

No comments:

Post a Comment