Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sheep and Wool Activities




Bradley wasn't COMPLETELY bored on our trip. Of course, it was hard to tear him away from the alpacas to get him to try some new things. He tried his had at drop-spindling. He started out doing very well, but the first time the wool snapped, he got frustrated with it and it went down hill from there. I'm not sure what wool they were using. I gave my hand a try at it, and I had done it several years before, and when my wool snapped it just wouldn't grab back on to itself so you could reattach it. Hubby, who has actually spun some yarn on a drop spindle, also had trouble with it. I think we will have Bradley try again with some Shetland wool, because that is what hubby has always used.
The other thing he wanted to do was make a tye-dye hat. He got to do that and was happy as a clam. He didn't seem to want anything to buy at the show, but I picked up a tee shirt with an alpaca on it that said "hum! hum!" That's the sound they make, and that little Cecilia Winsome was doing it the entire weekend. So I think Bradley liked the shirt.

1 comment:

  1. sounds and looks like a great festival
    I missed just such an event in our area recently ... probably for the best ... it's tempting to want all of the supplies and I already have my hand in so many things LOL
    thanks for directing me to this post!

    ReplyDelete